Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Thursday, July 22, 2010

Rochor Beancurd House 梧槽豆花水

I've never been really picky about food, hardly a gourmet.
But I thing I can never resist since young - silky delicious Tau Hway!
I will eat it anytime, any day!
Unfortunately, ever since I'm pregnant, sweet stuff and bean products
(tau hway, soya mean milk, bean cakes etc) always trigger uncontrollable nausea.
Sigh..

Anyway, went to visit Dr Wong, my OBGYN this afternoon, one last time before I'm admitted at midnight today. Before we left the clinic, Dr Wong asked me to "eat a nice last meal, eat whatever you want!"
Armed with his encouragement, hubby and I decided to make a detour to Rochor Beancurd House, just behind Plaza Singapore.
We've heard so many good reviews of the tau hway and you cha kuay that we decided to have some before my delivery.


To be honest, the Rochor Original Beancurd You Tiao is totally over-rated.
It was quite a disappointment.
(Pardon, didnt bring my camera along.. couldnt capture the pictures for you guys)

1. Bad Customer Service

The shop is staffed mostly by PRC workers.
It was late afternoon and there was hardly any customers around. While I was seated waiting for hubby to park the car, none of the staff bother to take my order. In fact, one of the staff was "glaring" at me for occupying a table without ordering anything (as I was waiting for hubby).

2. Less than satisfactory food quality
I ordered soya bean milk while hubby ordered the signature cold tau hway. We also ordered you cha kway (you tiao) to go with it.

The you cha kway was cold and starchy, lacks the crisp and fluffiness that usual you tiao has.
Soya bean milk was so-so, a little diluted loaded with sugar syrup, one can hardly savour the 'bean' taste in the drink.
Hubby didn't enjoy his tau hway at all. It wasn't smooth and tender as advertised. It was lumpy and thick. We had to "force" ourselves to finish the portion.

Overall it was quite a disappointment.

Feeling totally unsatisfied, we went over to 敏豆花 (Min Tau Hway) Min Tau Hway, the tau hway shop next to it for our 2nd helping.
It totally exceeded our expectations.

The lady boss was extremely friendly!
Their home made tau hway was really tender and smooth; the youcha kway and butterfly bun was crispy, fluffy... overall it is oh so goodddddd!
Hubby and I give it a THUMBS UP!
We highly recommend this tau hway shop anytime!

Oh.. I'm so looking forward to the end of confinement... I wanna eat Tau Hway!



No comments:

Post a Comment