Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Friday, July 30, 2010

Confinement

Its been 4 days since I was discharged from the hospital.

Baby C had to stay a few more days as he had to undergo phototherapy for his jaundice. It really pains my heart to see him "sun-tanning" in the nursery with a dozen other crying babies, having his blood drawn every day.
Nonetheless, he has since been discharged to our care, and we are going to visit the pediatrician tomorrow for another checkup.

Anyway, I'm officially into my 30-day confinement.
Contrary to lotsa horror stories I've heard, I'm actually enjoying my confinement!
Part of it must be attributed to our confinement nanny.
We are SO SO SO blessed to have engaged a SUPERB confinement nanny from Malaysia, at the recommendation of our friend Jiaqi.

Quoting my husband, she is really GOD SENT.
Though she is 71 years old, she is such an efficient worker - Cooking, laundry, taking care of the baby. But most importantly, she loves babies, and she LOVES Christian. You know she is not here just for the $$$, because her love and concern for Christian is so genuine.. it moves my heart. I find myself "fighting" with her for Christian because she wants to personally tend to his every need, which makes me the mother rather redundant.

She wakes up at 4am every morning just to prepare food, do the laundry, prepare bathing water for me, housework etc. Adrian and I are quite worried for her health as she is getting so little sleep having to watch over Christian at night.

I find myself chasing her to take a nap in the afternoon/at night, whenever Christian is sleeping. It pains me that she is working so hard.

I really love our confinement nanny, she is such a sweet, kind old lady.

Aunty is an excellent cook too! I've been enjoying yummilicious food everyday, and so is my husband. We were joking that we are going to get fat together!!!

So if you are looking for a confinement nanny, she truly is an excellent choice :)

Some photos of the yumillicious food I've been enjoying!





No comments:

Post a Comment