Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Thursday, December 2, 2010

Baby No 2

OMG! I cannot imagine friends-cum-relatives are already asking us about Baby No. 2

Before we got attached: "When are you getting a BF?
Dont keep chasing after degrees, study enough liao!"

After we got attached: " When are you guys getting married?"

After we got married: " When is Little A or Little E coming?"

NOW that we have BbC: "When are you planning for No. 2?"

Seriously. There is No End.

So, are we planning for No. 2?
I'm really not too sure if this is the right time to think about this, granted BbC just turned 4 months. I'm still such a new mum and have SO MUCH to learn, though I must say BbC is a very very easy baby to take care... that I'm Blessed.

Well, the husband and I did talk about planning No.2.
(Here's how the conversation goes)

A: " Aiyo, BbC is SO CUTE! Cant stand it, I think we should think about having another baby next year"

E (Roll-eyed): " You would find him cute of course, granted YOURS TRULY is the one that is doing the feeding, cleaning, burping and disciplining while you play the loving doting daddy"

A: "I work hard to bring in the bacon ok..."

E: " Yup, that's true, thats not what I meant. I meant I'm with BbC 24hrs, and it is really taxing watching after an infant"

A:" Well, I'm just gonna get busier and busier and my sailing schedule next year is off-the-chart crazy. It's gonna be highly stressful time. If we want to think about family planning, it better be soon, or now."

"Plus, we are not getting any younger, Ok not just you, me too. According to research, the quality of sperm degenerates rapidly after 30 and under duress or stress."

E (thinking aloud) " Goodness, since when does sperm quality becomes a variable in family planning too?"

A: " What is the Chinese zodiac animal next year?"

E: " Rabbit"

A: " And the year after that?"

E: " Dragon"

A: " Ah-ha, didnt you always say you wanna avoid having a dragon baby? Remember, the bumper crowd syndrome? Crazy enrolment for primary school, enlistment for NS?"

E: " Oh ya, the DRAGON YEAR!, ahhhh I've totally forgotten about it! Ya, point taken, maybe we should consider..."

AND the conversation goes on and on...

So, has the husband convinced me to have a 2nd child?
Not quite, though I must admit- Im swayed.

His reasoning is perfectly logical (as usual). That coupled with the fact that I do want to have THE few kids asap while I'm a SAHM and hopefully return to workforce while they are much older.

BUt, silly as this may sound, I cant imagine giving BbC any less love and attention he deserved.
A 2nd child means I have less time for BbC, that by itself is a "killing" thought, at least for now.

Conclusion??? - Lets KIV
We'll see how
In the meantime, I'll enjoy my BbC to the fullest, every minute and second of the day


Erm.... Are you guys talking about me?

No comments:

Post a Comment