Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Sunday, December 12, 2010

City College Party

Attended City College Party a few weeks ago.
As per the college's tradition, the school would organized a year end party for all the graduating students to celebrate the end of O level examination.
Previously, we'd always tried to choose an "exotic" place for the party, coupled with professional Deejays, special performances, door gifts etc. It wa fun no doubt, but the teachers were totally burnt out from organizing the event. Not to mention the higher ticket price is a deterrent to students who could ill afford such "luxury".

This year the college decided to try something different.
We decided to do away with fancy locations and over-elaborate programme. We held the event at the college itself with catered buffet. We invited students and alumni over the 8 years of school's existence and we had a great "thanksgiving party"!

It was AWESOME.
Lotsa catching up. Simple programme. Great testimonials. Love and appreciation in the air
Students from the previous years showed up. It was a great time of reunion.
What a joy it is to see their transformation, to celebrate their advancement and to know you have played a part in their lives.

With my wonderful colleagues
With my bff Tiffy
And this was us A YEAR ago, before we had our kids.
So glam right? Sighh haha
Jiale, the most transformed individual!
I remembered visiting him at Kaki Bukit Prison,
the ex-gangster, now a youth leader

The "naughty" boys from the 2009 class who gave me alot of headache.
But oh what a joy to see them and hear them say
"Cher, ho sei boh?"
The 2008 Class
With my 1st batch of students, Matthew and Jessel
One a Uni student, the other a music director.
I'm so awesomely proud of them

City College Party holds much significance for me
This year is special because I've since resigned from the school to be a SAHM
This year is also significant as it marks the 1st year of being a mum.
Looking back, I asked myself, what would I have done differently for my students?

I think I would have been more gracious.
I would and should have given them a 3rd, 4th and 5th chance
I would walk a 2nd, 3rd and 4th mile
I would not have given up on anyone (Yes, I did give up on some)
I would do all the above because their mums would have done exactly just that








No comments:

Post a Comment