Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Wednesday, September 8, 2010

Tearful Goodbye to Nanny!

I wish someone had prepared me for the moment to say "goodbye" to Nanny.
But then again, I have a really awesome confinement nanny and just somehow we got along extremely well.

Today marked THE DAY my confinement nanny returns to KL. I've blogged previously about what an awesome nanny she is and how she is absolutely a God-sent to my husband and me.
But the day has arrived when her visa no longer permits her to stay in Singapore.

It was a tearful goodbye. Yes, you've read it correctly, a Tearful goodbye.

Nanny hugged Baby C and cries cause she misses him and cant bear to part with him.
Mummy Est cries because she cant bear for her to leave.
And Baby C cries because... well he is a baby, babies cry.
The husband called from Australia previous days and wishes he was here to bid her farewell.

We all cried because Nanny has inadvertently became a part of our family over the past 1.5 months. She is liken to an old grandmother to us, and not just a hired help. She helped us to survive the otherwise very tough first month of parenthood. We eat together, stay up late watching over Baby C together, bath Baby C together. The husband and I shopped for clothing, shoes and electronic deivces for her; she buys kueh-kueh whenever she is out and take it upon herself to cook "good food" for us. Yes, she has become an extended part of our family.

I'm grateful because Nanny took really very good care of me and baby.
I wthrough a rather tough labour followed by a bout of very bad viral infection.
So I'm gonna let the pictures do the talking (no camera tricks):

Mummy E @Week 1
(I looked "ghostly", could barely sit up straight for half hour. The husband told me later that he was worried sick)


Mumy E @Week 2.5
(some semblance of "human-ness)

Mummy E@ Week 3
(looking MUCH better.. on the road to recovery)


Mummy E@ Week 4
(looking good babe!)


My obgyn commented that I recovered really fast for someone who went through a tough labour, bad infection and put on strong medication for half a month. I must attribute it to the good nutrition (and of course prayers of loved ones). Nanny put me on a "soup" routine:

8am - Kidney and Liver soup
3pm - 泡参鸡汤
9pm -炖酒


Though I'm not a "soup" person, and many times I was forced to gulp down the bowls of soup under the watchful eye of the nanny, I must say I definitely feel stronger and more energetic after going through the soup regime.

Oh did I mention, before she left, she bought stacks of biscuits, cereals and stock up the larder. Knowing I will be alone with Baby C and worried that I wont have time to cook for myself, she stored lots of cooked food in the fridge to tide me through the week. Seriously, I'm thankful.

So from the bottom of A.C.E family, "thank you" nanny and we love you!


1 comment:

  1. Hey Esther, know it's not going to b easy looking after baby C alone. if anything do ring me... and I'm sure there are many people around u able to help in any way possible. Pls take care!

    ReplyDelete