Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Thursday, September 16, 2010

High Fever

It had been an eventful week, I'm so glad Baby C and I survived in one piece.

It started last thursday, the day when Nanny left.
I went for my scheduled Basic Theory Test that morning for my driving license conversion. Upon returning home, I found the nanny in immense pain. I think she had a bad bout of food poisoning. She had diarrhoea and was rushing in and out of the toilet, vomiting. I was so thankful that my younger brother came and gave her a lift back to Malaysia, if not I really wouldn't know how she would have survived the ardous journey through the checkpoint on the eve of Hari Raya.

I was left alone with Baby C for the first time. Adrian was away and I was to stay with Baby C alone for a couple of days till my mum comes over to help.

Baby C seemed to realize that the nanny had left and was crying non-stop, inconsolable. I 'battled' with him for 3-4 hours and finally managed to put him to sleep. I was mentally drained, physically exhausted and realized I didnt' have any proper meal that day. By 8pm after my shower, I sensed I was running a fever. Subsequent check with the thermometer showed a temperature of 39 degree. I brushed it off and continued with the housework. However the fever escalated very quickly and before long I realized my vision was blurred and I could barely hold Christian properly. I knew I needed help, urgently.

Thank God for wonderful friends from Church who came, LITERALLY to my rescue.
I gave Jasmine my colleague a SOS call. She was in CG meeting at that time but was kind enough to rush down to my place. Apparently she was given a 5-min crash course by her CGL on burping and feeding baby haha! Cath, my other colleague came down after her CG meeting to look after us as well. Between Cath and Jasmine, they took care of Baby C throughout the 2 days while I was very ill, day and night. It was such a huge relief to have them around. I wouldnt know what to do without them.

I'm so thankful that Baby C was really cooperative. He must have "changed hands" quite a few times during that 2 days, being cared for, fed and bathed by complete strangers. I expected him to kick a big fuss, but thankfully he seemed to know mummy is very ill and was surprisingly at ease with all the new aunties around.

I went to see the doctor. Apparently I was running a high fever due to the inflammation of my left breast brought about by engorgement of the milk duct. Sigh.. I was placed on antibiotics. Though the fever subsided really quickly, but my milk supply dropped drastically. So, its all the way from scratch again. Expressing and expressing and expressing every few hours to increase the milk flow.

I'm so glad Adrian is coming back soon. But I'm even more thankful for friends that came to lend a helping hand when I was in need. That's why I love CHC, it's more than a church, it's a family.

Thank you Cath and
Thank you Jasmine, the 'p-plate' Nanny


Baby C with Aunty Jasmine aka the "p-plate" nanny

No comments:

Post a Comment